Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kitty in Exile -- Part III

Crap, I'm lonely! I have no idea why it has hit me so hard tonight, but it has, and I'm unusually melancholy. I want someone to sleep with and cuddle with and share my innermost secrets with. It has taken every ounce of my self control not to call Jason and either ask him to come over or go over there. But I know I can't do that. Not if I still want to respect myself and have any hope of affecting change. I'm way too vulnerable right now.

Thank God that Squirrel Boy gave up on his pursuit of me long ago. Right now, he might have actually succeeded in his seduction. Ew! Yet, the way I feel right now, I might have actually gone there. Again ... ew!

I am pretty proud of myself for having been so good about domestic matters. I've been cooking for myself. Nothing fancy, and often it's semi-prepared food, but I'm still doing all of it, and not resorting to fast food and delivery. Plus, I'm actually cleaning up after myself and washing dishes right after I use them. Wow! Who'd have thunk, huh? I make my bed every morning, and put my clothes away every night. Granted, I haven't done any laundry yet. Still need to get quarters for that.

On further contemplation, I probably shouldn't have had that glass of wine, seeing as I was already in a depressed mood. It was nice though. And I couldn't resist the name -- Herding Cats. It's from South Africa. With a leopard on the label.

I've not been feeling terribly optimistic lately about my chances for success in this marriage. I'm also quite convinced that Jason did have sex with that woman in the bushes at Kat's toga party, and then lied to me about it. What the hell, he's lied to me about everything else. Kind of makes me think of the opportunities I've had -- though few and far between -- to have cheated on him. Yet I didn't. Then again, I'm also honest about when I screw up, and take responsibility for my own actions, and actually pay all my bills.

Yeah, not one of my better Saturdays. But, as I said as Esmirelda in Death & Deceit, no matter what happens, I will survive (cue music for the Gloria Gaynor song).

Meow meow!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, wine in an already depressed mood are NOT a good combination. Live and learn.

    You WILL survive. And I have fingers crossed for you. *more hugs*

    ReplyDelete