Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kitty's New Home

Well, I'm almost completely moved in to my new apartment, and I absolutely love it!! It's just so cute and comfortable and feeling more like mine every day. And I have just the right amount of furniture to fill it up, but not have it be overcrowded. Same thing with "stuff".

My parents bought me the most wonderful housewarming gifts -- a new vacuum cleaner, various tools (mostly the ones needed to assemble the IKEA furniture), a TV stand, and best of all a new couch (both from ... you guessed it ... IKEA!). It was a very successful move, done in excellent time. I had a great moving crew made up of wonderful friends and my parents, and we actually had some fun with it, despite the awkwardness of the situation. Though I probably shouldn't tell Dutch that I ended up giving Jason back the Bombay Sapphire (it's not like I drink gin anyway, and I did take the Celtic Crossing ...)

So far I have the kitchen completely unpacked and put away, all the books put away -- for the first time ever, all my music books and binders fit in the bookcase!!! -- and all the linens put away in the linen closet. I've already made a couple of purchases of things I needed; namely a toaster and a set of everyday dishes. I still have to put away clothes, toiletries, and other random items. And get the rest of my clothes and things that I still have over at the Bellevue place. Then I can start decorating!

Hopefully after Pinafore opens this week (note to self: never move during Tech Week of a show ever again!) I'll have some time to get things more organized, so that I can have people over for an apartment warming party. And then everyone can see my adorable apartment, with its view of the Space Needle from the living room. Yay!!

Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment